Confirmation of the SME status
Our company offers support in obtaining SME status for companies with foreign capital.
What does SME status give?
It gives several preferences, and first of all – reduction of insurance fees from 30% to 15%.
How often is the confirmation needed?
How can SME status be obtained?
For a Russian subsidiary LLC to receive the status of an SME (small or medium-sized enterprise) and be included in the Unified Register of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, both the LLC and its foreign participant(s) must provide evidence of their status as small (medium-sized) enterprises.
Powers to confirm such information and submit it to the tax authority are assigned to audit organizations (part 6.2 of article 4.1 of the Federal Law “On the development of small and medium-sized businesses in the Russian Federation”).
Procedure for confirming the SME status
- You analyze the indicators of the Russian LLC and the parent company (if its share / total share of several foreign founders is higher than 49%).
Both the subsidiary and the parent company must meet the following criteria:
- have the total received income from business activities of no more than 2 billion rubles for the previous year;
- have an average number of employees of no more than 250 people for the previous year;
- confirm that the country of their permanent location does not belong to countries with preferential taxation (offshore zones);
- the Russian LLC must be created by December 1, 2019.
If these indicators fall under the specified criteria, you contact an audit company.
- You sign an agreement on the confirmation service with the audit company.
- The audit company forms a request for documents, analyzes and verifies the received documents for compliance with the criteria.
- Between 1st and 5th of every month the audit company submits the received information independently to the tax authority.
- Data verification and entry into the register is performed by the tax authority monthly.
If you have any additional questions, please send your request by email to email@example.com or contact us by phone +7 926 033 01 11.